Hey guys! I thought I’d do something a bit different today by talking about subscription boxes and some items that I’d like to see more of! Now I don’t buy many subscription boxes, I’ve only tried FairyLoot and Illumicrate (both UK based) then bought a few items from OwlCrate (US based). Sadly I can afford to buy the whole OwlCrate box because shipping from the US to the UK is ridiculous.
Recently I’ve started to notice that these subscription boxes are including a lot of the same items, FairyLoot especially, and I end up either selling or giving away a lot of the items because I don’t have room for them. There’s only so many candles, prints, tote bags and book sleeves I have room and lately it’s getting slightly unmanageable. Don’t get me wrong, I love these subscription boxes and think they do amazing items, I’d just like to see different items for a change and I’m curious to see if anyone else agrees or disagrees. So let’s get into it!
1) Fairy lights: I’ve only ever received one set of fairy lights in a subscription box (pictured above) and I really love them. Even now I still use them, they’re so pretty. These ones came in FairyLoot’s one year anniversary box (arguably their best box) and they are the only fairy lights I own as my other set broke so I’d love to receive some more unique and fun ones like these!
2) Customised funko figures: I have tons of funko pops ranging from Marvel characters to the Scooby-Doo gang, but what I’d really like to add to my collection though is more customised ones from book series like Mia from The Nevernight Chronicle! She’s the only character I own from a fantasy book series and I know there’s more out there. They are just so expensive though and I think it would be really fun if we received more of them in subscription boxes or even collector’s edition boxes.
3) Socks, gloves, scarves etc.: I’ve never received gloves in a subscription box before. These fingerless Six of Crows gloves came in an OwlCrate box and I bought them off someone in a B/T/S Facebook group. They are really cosy and I use them a lot. I’d love to receive more and maybe some warmer scarves too. While the scarves that sometimes come in FairyLoot boxes are really pretty, they’re very thin and I’d love to receive a thicker one sometime. Also, socks! I’ve only ever received one pair of socks and again these. They’re very soft and cosy and I love the design. I’m at that stage in my adult life where socks excite me, don’t judge me.
4) Cushion covers: I absolutely love cushions and have a ridiculous amount in my bedroom but if I get a new cushion cover, I am absolutely going to buy a new cushion. I have three from subscription boxes but I honestly want more because they are so cool. I love the designs and the quotes, especially if it’s from one of my favourite series.
5) Bookmark holder: I have acquired quite a large number of bookmarks from subscription boxes, especially since FairyLoot includes one each month with the spoiler card art. The only problem? I have nowhere to put them! It’s great getting a set of four bookmarks but what am I supposed to do with them? I need something to hold them in or like a pot? It’d be great if an item like that could be included one month…
So these are just some of the items I’d love to see more of in boxes like FairyLoot and Illumicrate. What items would you like to see? I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you so much for reading!